Friday, May 26, 2006

What's been on my mind....

Lately, a lot of things that I desire to do. Those who know me also know I'm "always" DOING. Something or other.... Lately, I've been trying to FOCUS. Narrowing down what it is it exactly that I desire.

Like everyone else, there are factors that play a major role in my life. Factors like: finding time, money, and resources to achieve my goals. These factors play such a important part in what I desire that I often find myself focusing on what I DON'T have, {like not enough time, money, and resources} to complete what I desire instead of dealing with those issues. I so easily sidetrack myself by doing other things, sort of like an ostrich burying its head in the sand!

Well, lately I decided that there is no real reasons that I cannot make my dreams happen. There are so many resources that I'm not utilizing. Time management, making money, and searching for resources to get me where I want to be. I've decided it is time to begin to set some real goals and to take the necessary steps WITH WHAT I HAVE ALREADY AVAILABLE TO ME vs. focusing on what I don't have.

My plan is to first focus on the time management thing. I find myself putting off things for one reason or another and have decided to start keeping track of what I'm doing. Hopefully, discovering where my time is going will assist me with knowing where it is that I really want my time to go. I've decided to start by finishing up all the things I currently have in works of progress. Some artful, some home decorating related, some studio related. I've decided to begin with the ART since that is the easiet one for me to put off and the one that makes me the most miserable when I do. The home decorating is mostly finishing up the painting in the kitchen, organizing it better, and getting pieces of furniture moved back into the space. The furniture that needs moved is currently used in another room of my home for art supplies that belong in my studio!

I procrastinate about the studio re-organization. Why? It's too easy to sit inside, work on the kitchen, the deck, spend time on the computer researching, chatting, learning, and doing so it becomes a vicious cycle.

Well, today, I've decided enough of this cycle! I'm going to focus on the ART. I'm going to finish up the two Art Idea Journals that are in my possession and get them postal. If I do this, finish up the two in my possession, I'll have 3 more Art Idea Journals to receive and work in and my obligation to this project will be complete!

I'm awaiting the arrival of one swap project I am hosting. A Fat, Chunky Book swap with 2 other artists. I offered to create the book covers and hand bind them using a Coptic Stitch. I thought I'd purchase some new paper to cover the book covers originally but now thinking that I just need to FOCUS on the project, have decided that I can use what I have. Doing this will save me the time spent shopping, save me money, and allow me to utilize what I have. I plan to get my butt in gear and get the book covers cut and covered while I'm waiting to receive the one so that when it arrives it will only be a matter of using my awl guide to create the holes in the signatures and covers and sew the books together.

I am also considering joining in a few new swaps. Since these swaps are usually a small group, I feel that I able to tackle a couple of them. The nature of them also enables me to use what I already have available to me... again saving me time shopping and money. Being a small group will save me some time by not biting off more than I am able to chew.

My plan is to also finish up the painting of the rear section kitchen and the touch ups of the already painted sectionh soon. I figure while the paint is drying, I can be working on the studio re-organization so that the suplies that are in the house can be moved and organized. This will free up the furniture that needs moved into the kitchen, get my supplies back into the studio where they belong. From there the kitchen will be finished and I can turn my complete attention to the studio itself and begin FOCUSING on what it is that I desire more than anything else! Getting this out of my mind and into my reality!!!! {*smiles*}

No comments: