Saturday, May 27, 2006

OOPS!

I'm such a ditz sometimes! I swear.... I thought I'd mailed a swap package, in fact, I pretty darn proud of myself for getting on the swap ASAP, working on in in various stages, staying focused only on it in my creative endeavors. Heck, I even went so far as to post a reminder the deadline of the swap was near at hand and I wasn't even the hostess. Well, to add insult to the injury, while with Don in the truck yesterday morning, I reached up to pull the sunvisor down to get the sun out of my eyes and what do think fell into my lap?

Yep, you guessed it! The swap package along with some other important mail that should have been sent. Quick stop by a postal box and I mailed the one but not the swap package since it would take some time to reach its destination. I felt so bad. How the heck could think I mailed something when I hadn't???? Certainly taking it to the truck, placing it above the sunvisor isn't going to get it to its destination unless I'm driving there physically.

Anyways, I quickly posted my oops! moment to the group the swap was hosted in, then, proceeded to email the hostess of the swap to be certain she seen it. I inquiried about mailing the package on to her or whether I should open it and mail them separately to each participant.

While waiting for a reply, I decided to open the swap package. Another good thing. How did I get the idea that there was 10 participants vs. the actual 12???? Luckily, I had one extra background created so I quickly went to work finishing it up and noticed I had 2 of the instructions printed up. Somehow I definately messed up or maybe two of my ATC's fell behind the hutch base???? Hmmm, may have to check that out... Ok, nope no chance of that happening, I just checked. Anyways, I have 11 out of 12 so I decided I'll send a "dummy ATC" to be returned to me for one of my own ATC's return of the swap and to assist the hostess.

Hey, all isn't lost, I've got the instructions and a visual to use to recreate one for my own ATC collection, ROFLOL!

1 comment:

liannallama said...

Oh, no! A double-whammy! Glad you caught it! that #12 swap was sure a doozy!