Saturday, May 06, 2006

Window treatments



After determining the fabrics, I desired to focus my attention on the window treatments. These are the two that I have in mind. The first swag style for the two smaller windows on the west side of th room. In the previous "before" pictures, you'll find one above my sink surrounded by the kitchen cabinets. The other is in the back section or "other room" of the kitchen and along the same west wall.

On the north wall of my kitchen is one large picture window flanked on each side by a smaller window that slide into the center to allow fresh air into the room and it features a beautiful view out onto our rear deck and back yard. It one of my favorite places to sit and enjoy my first cup of freshly brewed coffee everyday so I want it to be "a special place" within the space. The second window treatment is very similar to what I have in mind with only a single drapery on only the left side and no swag on the right. Instead, I'm thinking I'd like the classic swagged style valance directly above the drapery repeated on the right with the longer tiered swag centered between the two to provide more of a asymetrical sense of balance. I'm thinking I'd like this style more as in the warmer months when our back door to the kitchen that leads out onto the rear deck is open, it will allow more fung-shi energy to flow through the space and work best with the traffic pattern inside the room.

No comments: