Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ah, Wednesday!

Most people consider Wednesday as "hump day" the middle day of the work work before it begins on its downhill slide easing gently into the end of their work week. Around here, it is known as "Don's day off!" LOL!

It is the one day of a week that we try to get out for a road trip, a chance to visit places that we don't have to hurry to get to in the late afternoon on Saturday or anywhere that is closed on Sunday. Sometimes, we use this day just get caught up on things around our house, to rest and relax. I'm hopeful today will be a bit of both, offering us the opportunity to get out and away and yet not so far away that I cannot recruite some of his assistance to help me move somethings back out to the studio. At least all my hard work recently is beginning to pay off, I'll have room to put anything that we move. I was thinking about this a bit yesterday and in reality there isn't too much left considering I won't be making a trip to the attic since it is hot up there. I've decided to save that for an early morning adventure after I discovered my art easel is in the box it came in at the entryway by the bottom of the stairs! I definately love that!

We have several ideas in mind for how to spend the day. One is to find a replacement tire for the riding lawnmower. Trust me, with an acre to mow and the recent rain, we need it. Another thing on our agenda is show shopping. Thankfully, this time it for Don, and not me! I believe I written how I hate shopping for shoes before and why...... my size 5 feet. Other than that, our day is open free to spend enjoying it! So, who really knows where we might end up.

One place that has been beckoning to my soul is a visit to Headland's State Park. Headland's is a nature reserve on the shores of Lake Erie, where there are miles of natural sand dunes. I'd like to pack up our tent, air matress, sheets, blankets, swimsuits, coolers of food and drinks and several days just to be out and away and enjoy nature. I could definately use some time just to relax from the day to day hustle and bustle. Maybe sometime in the upcoming month of July, we will take a few days to go...

I received a telephone call from my sister, Mary, in Texas a few days ago. It seems she's encountered some sort of problem with her computer and after a call for HP support discovered she's fried her hard drive! She's been going to the library with the two girls to check her emails and stay updated with my blog. Her hubby asked her what she wanted to do either buy a new computer or go on vacation, and being the smart girl she is, she choose the vacation, LOL! Every year, they take the girls for a week to Galvenston {sp.?} Can you tell, I'm not a Texan-girl??? Anyways, I believe she made the right decision, get away from the stress, as far away as you can get. Get out and relax, things will look better and brighter when you return. Yep, the problem will still be there, but you definately have a fresh perspective of how to deal with more effectively when you're relaxed. I suggested purchasing an external hard drive, installing a new operating system in it and using USB jump drives to store any and all data on. No more loss of any precious pictures or items she now wishes she had access to. I've decided to talk with my computer guy to see if and what the two of us can do and suggest to her --- after she returns from vacation!

And while on the subject of vacations, I'd love a mini-one, an evening spent on the rear deck, enjoying the sunset and a nice long soak in the swirling waters of the hot tub! A cold chilled glass of Strawberry Zifandel, a bowl of chilled strawberries, and this girl would be in pure bliss! Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me as I get into the studio once more and get back to work! My mind has been scrambling ideas for one project or another, notes and sketches are drawn up, and I'm itching to get my hands on my supplies. Several things are in the works but more on all of that later... I'm off to greet the day! even if it is a bit later than normal! I hope everyone has a great day and that you find something in it that allows you to relax and find some peace! {*smiles}

No comments: