Friday, June 30, 2006

Fabric for a quilt...



Our trip consisted of running out to the mall to visit Joann fabrics where I chose these fabrics for the quilt I desire to start making. In all honesty, I've never made a quilt before so I'm thinking I'll simply do a 4 1/2" square, sewing them on a 1/4" seam allowance on all four sides. These fabrics are from the keepsake calico collection and were on sale for $1 off per yard making them $2.99/yd. I chose these colors simply because the were the previous colors in our guest/laudry room before we turned into the nursery for Alexxis and I've no desire to paint in there for at least the next 5 years, LOL! These same fabrics will be 60% off in next week's ad; so I'm thinking I may purchase another two solids in a lilac and a soft blue to mix in to tone the bright green down just a bit more. I purchased a little over 2 yards of it as it was the end of the bolt. I may also try my hand at creating a matching sham and an accent pillow or two. I love their bright, sunshine-y, summer pick me up colors! Anyways, a box of dressmaker stainless steel pins and two spools of lavendar thread later we headed off to do our grocery shopping.

No comments: