Friday, June 30, 2006

A great day...

After putzing around the house for a bit yesterday, I spent some time out in in the hot tub relaxing, then laid out in the sun. Not too long, about 35-40 minutes tops before Chaos was begging me to go back inside and into the air conditioning. Normally by this time of year, I've already established a great tan just from weeding the watergarden, mowing the lawn, working outside and being on the deck but not this year --- we had a really wet spring! I realized when we were at the beach the other day that I am quite white. Nothing like sand and sun to bring that out, LOL! Anyways, I decided I better work on establishing some of a base tan so that as our time spent outdoors increases, I won't end up with a severe sunburn one day. We definitely need to restock our sunscreen supply as well.

After a quick shower and getting dressed once again, I set out to making dinner. Chopping up vidalia onions, green peppers, and tomatoes to toss together in some Wishbone Italian dressing to chill --- I recalled it making a wonderful summer side dish and a quick salad topper, I put on some water to boil for elbow macaroni and another pot for eggs to boil. While preparing to make macaroni salad, I defrosted some pork chops in the microwave and seasoned them with some Cajun spices, seasoning salt, and touch of garlic powder. Don loves my little homemade conncoction of spices, especially on pork. I finished up the mac salad and set it in the fridge to chill. A hour or so later we dined on a light summer meal before heading out to do some shopping.

No comments: