Sunday, June 25, 2006

Good Sunday Morning!

Well, at least it is in this neck of the woods. I woke up early this a.m. Thank you very much, Chaos! He woke me up with his head laying on my side of the bed next to me staring at me, LOL! He wasn't making a sound, just looking at me with those puppy dog eyes. I figure I must have been stirring around a bit to draw his attention. Anyways, its wonderful to wake up and have him there beside me. Raising my hand to pet him is like tugging on his heartstrings which is attached to his tail by the way. He wags his tail and his entire body begins swaying in the same rhythm, LOL! Deciding both of us should use the restroom, I put Chaos out on his lead and head to bathroom myself. I no sooner sit down and Chaos begins raising hell, barking and whining. I think to myself, its way too early for this, Christ the neighbors are asleep! I finish and go to see what is up with him only to discover he has a visitor, another white dog with one loopy black ear approximately the same size as Chaos, wandering around our yard. Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not even trying to get him in all of his excitement back off the lead and into the house. If you've ever wrestled with a 1 1/2' tall, 70 lb. laborador retriever pup, you know exactly what I'm talking about! He could easily get away from me and in his excitement, I'm not taking any chances of me getting injured, so I try to shooo the other dog away. It works for a moment as he ventures into Shawn's yard and then off around his rear fence. Chaos at this point is frantic, barking and whining even louder than before, and I don't believe I've ever seen him move so fast --- okay, maybe once when he got loose from me and I had to run all over the neighborhood trying to catch up with him but we weren't going there today. No, thank you! So, I'm certain our neighbors are really loving him right about now since I finally managed to get him inside and back to sleep. All's well now...... except Don and Chaos are sleeping in peacefully and I'm still awake!

I consider slipping quietly out of the house and into my studio but I know Chaos will hear any little move I make and will whining and crying to come along which in turn means that Don will be awake soon. So, here I sit, a cup of coffee close by and spending some quiet time on the computer before the house starts stirring. Soon enough, we'll begin the hustle and bustle that begins our day, getting showers and dressed to go greet the world. We will going over to Mansfield today to visit the Antique Flea Market, I'm hopeful to be on the road by 10 a.m. Maybe a quick stop into Michael's and Barnes and Nobles..... we'll see. Of course that depends upon just how much I spend at the antique show. I'm thinking maybe we'll venture over to drop in on Mike and Becky.. I'd love to get together with her and her family before they make their big move to Atlanta. Gosh, I'm going to miss her. Maybe we can do lunch at the Crackle Barrel just up the road... I'd love to head into downtown Butler and the surrounding area to visit some antique shops but I really don't know if the are open on Sundays. I know a lot of the Amish areas are closed today.

Anyways, that the promises the day holds for us...... guess, I should go and begin getting ready. {warm fuzzies}

No comments: