Saturday, June 24, 2006

I feel rejuvinated after taking the day off from the studio re-organization yesterday. I did cook a huge breakfast and enjoyed it to the fullest. Unfortunately, Don needed to run some errands --- a haircut appt., pharmacy visit, and a trip to the bank, but he managed to make it home in time to eat before going to work. I putzed around leisurely cleaning up, doing a little bit of household chores --- nothing to strengthous since I've been in the studio too much to really do anymore damage in the house, LOL!

Chaos and I played ball until my arm felt as if it would fall off. I don't know where he gets all his energy but I wish he'd share his secret with me. Of course, turning around three times before lying down for frequent naps may have something to do with that!

Afterwards, I lounged around, re-acquainted myself with Mary Todd Beam's book, Celebrate Your Creative Self. I bookmarked a few pages that I desire to try my hand at. I just love all the little quips and quotes in her book, that in and of itself is inspiring to me creatively. I watched a movie on regular TV; not really getting into it, yet feeling creative but without too much energy to actually do anything about it, I sat and made some sketches of some items I'd like to create. I brainstormed a bit and discovered one item in particular that may make for a great submission project and the deadline is far enough away that I should have time to get the idea out of my head and into reality and submitted.

After Don returned home from working, we leisurely watched the news and eat off of some microwave heated leftovers while watching the news. I squeezed in a shower, getting dressed up, doing my hair and makeup and closer to 8 p.m. we left for the Moose for the Friday night drawing. The band wasn't to bad and it was great to see an old friend up on stage, still playing lead guitar. Steve and I have been friends for over 20 some years, so it was great to catch up with his life along with those of his wife and children's. We visited with other friends, laughed, joked, and chatted while I drank 3 ice cold Bud Lights in the bottle over the course of the evening. We returned home a bit after midnight and I'd spent the last hour yawning, LOL! I found it ironic that 20 years ago I'd be in high-swing at this point of the evening and not be thinking of going home, let along going home to sleep, LOL! Ah, such is life!

Anyways, the weather is great here today. Sunny and in the higher 70's, supposed to be near 80 later this afternoon. The recent rains have dissipated leaving everything a bit greener than before and growing. I think I'm going to lay out on the rear deck for awhile, work on my tan and relax a bit in the hot tub before making my way to the studio to continue with my reorganization efforts. Besides, I'm excited to finish listening to www.heartsart.com world talk radio with Lynn Whipple. I only made it through the first version while twirling ribbons on Thursday.

No comments: