Thursday, June 29, 2006

Indian Lake State Park Beach



As we travelled to the State Park, we also stopped at this beach. I'd confused it with the beach in the actual State Park Campgrounds as the beach I'd swam at or in, LOL! while I was on crutches and recovering from my car accident while we visited when Shawn & Tara camped there a few years ago. It's so hard to believe it has been over 5 years since we'd last been there.

It was quite an overwhelming experience for me at the time, since I had been no weight-bearing on my right leg for over 9 weeks and had my cast removed just a week of so prior to coming here. I so wanted to go for a swim, so Don helped me walk into the water on my crutches until I got out far enough that I could actually swim! He waited where he was until I swam back to him and resumed my position upon those damn things once more. I felt like I had be released from a prison being without them, even if it was only for a breaf period of time. My poor Dr. was shocked when I told him although he agreed it was probably good therapy not only for the calf muscles in my right leg but for my spirit and soul as well. And was he ever right! I loved it although it was a major challenge for me at that time.

Anyways, yesterday, Don and I took a long, leisurely stroll here, enjoying the sunshine, the sound of the waves, and children's laughter as they played in the sand and the water.

No comments: