Saturday, July 29, 2006

Creating art...

I find myself in one creative mood today! Everything from the desire to create a new scrapbook page, soaking a few sheets of watercolor paper for creating some watercolored artwork upon, and even the entertaining thoughts of creating and beginning a new deco.

Unfortunately, the heat is in the 90's today therefore, making going out to the studio is only a dream to be realized at a later date. I hesitated greatly regarding going out and bringing some simple supplies back in to the cool air-conditioned space of our home; however, in my better judgement, decided against it. The studio is clean with little left to be organized so I have decided against disturbing its organized state of beauty. My heart longs for the cooler days of autumn but who am I to decide the cycle of the seasons? Although, I would be just as content with some cooler temperatures, LOL!

I find it sort of ironic that in the deadened days of a long, harsh winter my soul longs for these hot dog days of summer; yet once they are here, the longing for cooler temps is just the ticket! I cannot help but to wonder if there really ever is such a thing "as the perfect day" temperature wise. I find that sometimes, I'd like to believe that I'd be perfectly happy with 70 - 75 degree sunny day temperatures, although my heart simply knows better. I'm certain that even I would find some fault with them, especially after experiencing one after the other for seasons on end. Of course, that would mean an end to the seasons as I now know them and how boring would that be? For now, I'm content in the fact that God is in control even if it interferes with my what my heart desires. I sit in waiting, knowing, and trusting that there is a reason for the stirrings of my soul although I may not be aware of them yet. I think I'll add "the season's of my life" to the clock image I created on a tag on my list of gratitudes.

No comments: