Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I've finally figured out how to add links to this template!

I am truly excited! I've finally figured out how to add links to this blogger template! This has had me baffled for months since I desired the text to match the Recent Posts and Archives. Well, today I used IE and went to View on the Toolbar then Source for the template name. It is Senore's Dominey's Scribe Template and the buttons are actually .gif's which compounded some of my problems, I'm certain. Anyways, I "Google'd" Bloggers Scribe Template and discovered this page: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42195&topic=8920 which helped me immensely.

Next, I opened up a new window to search for another Scribe blogger who had a link section in their sidebar, looked at their template in IE toolbar View Source to determine where to place the code. Once I discovered that, I opened my blog, logged in, went to template, made my changes, and republished my entire blog in a matter of a few minutes!

Now, that I have the correct html code, I'll be adding more of my favorite places to visit online and a few of my friends blogs. I am so happy! I'll have to add having the ability to think critically to my list of items to add to my gratitude garland, LOL! {Ah, joy truly is in the littlest of things!}

1 comment:

Vintage Papers said...

Cathy
I would have been more than happy to help you with links. I hope you are doing well and surviving this dreadful heat!