Saturday, July 29, 2006

Gratitude Friday...

I apologize to anyone who may have visited my blog yesterday in hopes of discovering yet another link in my Gratitude garland. I spent my day yesterday savoring each and every moment that I was so blessed to have with my 3 month old granddaughter, Alexxis. Mommy went shopping in Columbus and asked me to babysit for her earlier in the week and my gratitude friday garland was quickly forgotten. I intend to create a new link today and who knows it may lead to more than one.

I am definately feeling blessed by God for having a new chapter in my life. Becoming a grandmother has provided me with more joy than I could have ever possibly imagined. Alexxis is such a sweetheart and so reminds me of her mother when she was the same age. Both of them, always greet me with warm smile; a smile that warms your heart and allows your spirit to soar. Alexxis is such a content child once her basic needs are met and her eyes sparkle in the gratitude that she feels within her own little heart. There is no need of words to communicate the love that she feels for it radiates out of her little body. Somedays, I wish she was talking and a bit more mature, then the reality of just how quickly she will grow up hits me, and I wonder why I think these thoughts and return to savoring each and every moment that we are sharing with one another in the here and now. It so hard to take my eyes off of her, I'm afraid that I may miss something..... a sly little grin, a sneakily given smile, and/or her tiny hands gently rubbing her sleepy eyes. I tell you she's magical! Completely entrancing me with each and every little movement and facial expression she makes. She is beginning to be quite a talker using her own language, of course, filled with "coo's"' and squeals of delight, especially after a few minutes of struggling to roll over from her belly to her back, it is such an accomplishment! Although, she was a bit puzzled of grandma's cheering and encouraging her on, LOL!

Anyways, the day wasn't completely lost; I'd give up so many more just to have her with me. I guess the best way to say it is that my gratitude Friday was spent experiencing the moments of gratitude vs. recalling one from my heart and memories and even I must admit, it is a more rewarding and pleasurable way to do so! {smiles and promises to post more photographs of our most precious, loaned to us, possession soon.}

No comments: