Saturday, July 29, 2006

My 6th and 7th Gratitude Garland links


Today, I created two more links for my gratitude {Friday} garland using scraps of paper, stickers, stamps, and a sweet image from a recently purchased Vintage Workshop cd. The first image has been sealed with modge podge while the second has not yet been. You can see how sealing helps to soften the images just a bit; also, I sealed the actual garland itself today as some of the layer pieces do desire to separate once it is formed into the chain, with a little luck and whole lot of love hopefully this will assist to prevent some of that once my garland is hanging.

I recently gave some thoughts to how to actually hang the garland within my studio and decided that I'd like to create some sewn fabric hangers that could be tied allowing me to tie them to the desired links as I hang this on the shelving supports along the shelved slatwall. I've always desire to use something to assist with lightening the oak in slatwall and avoid some of the glared reflections that hits my camera when taking photographs. I am certain using the vintage themed papers with bits of the off white and vanilla colors will be completely appropriate and at home there.

No comments: