Thursday, July 20, 2006

Recent events...

Don and I both are feeling so much better today... I am more rested and relaxed than I've been in weeks! Yesterday, Don and I took a road trip, aimlessly driving, and driving, and driving! Over 350 miles.... just talking about everything and anything, re-connecting. We ended up in Wheeling, WV, LOL! Where we turned around and stopped to have dinner at an Italian restaurant named Unos.... or something like that. I have no idea where the hell we were, just that we were on I-70E and off of it on St. Rt. 40 in some town in the southern Ohio hills. The food was excellent! We dined on cold, crisp salads, and garlic pizza style bread covered in cheese with marinara sauce; by the time our dinners arrives, neither of us could eat much more so two "to go" boxes went into the cooler for our ride back home. Deciding to get away from some of the traffic on the interstate, we jogged off north onto I-77 N with no map or sense of where we were going but trusting we'd come across something. I finally remembered that when we were last on I-77, it was when we'd went to visit Jen in Dover, OH so I knew we'd eventually come into Coshocton where we could jump on St. Rt. 36 West taking us into Delaware then home from there. Well, somewhere along the line we missed a turned and landed on St. Rt. 16, drove into Newark, OH and St. Rt. 16 becomes St. Rt. 37 going into Delaware....... not to bad and approximately 10 miles total out of our way.

The day was absolutely gorgeous! Sunny and hot! We stopped once for gasoline, cold drinks, and a few chicken strips to snack on in the afternoon. The hills were beautiful in their lush green state and we could see for miles once on top of them. Looking out over green pastures, golden fields of hay and hay bails, valleys with small brooks and streams provided a most tranquil setting. I captured a picture from where we stopped for dinner that I'll upload soon --- suggesting that Blogger will co-operate {smile}. We didn't do a whole lot other than drive and talk, drive and talk......... but it was so fun! We never once even turned on the radio, just spent the day connecting, sharing, and laughing with each other. Thank you, God. We so needed the time to just do this..... for ourselves.... and each other.

No comments: