Thursday, August 31, 2006

A great mail day and other "postal" themed thoughts...

Whoo-hoo! My Stampin' Up Label Punch Tin arrived via the big brown truck! It was like Christmas, opening that box! {Thank you, once again, Sue for assisting me with this order!} The tin itself is beautiful! A gorgeous turquoise blue with a thin acrylic window to peek into the contents inside. Of course, I just had to try out that punch and how easy it is to punch these things out... even using Bazill cardstock. I'm excited to get those stamps trimmed soon so that I can use them right away. They will make an amazing item to add to my Stationery suitcase. Speaking of which....

I ventured out to the studio last night, poking around here and there, in search of something... which escapes my mind right now; anyways........ I was thinking of items that I'd like to add to my suitcase, writing paper, thank you cards, envelopes, labels, tags, ect. and while searching I came across some items that will be perfect! Some large notepads of paper that are currently just notepads that I can decorate up in some way. Some pink, green, and blue envelopes. My OH Boy labels. Adding an address book, a small journal for notes, recording correspondance....Well, I'm sure you get the picture..... my mind began racing at all the possibilies of putting this together creatively as I add to it. I am loving the idea of having everything in one spot that I need for corresponding, right at my finger tips. The only dilemna I can think of will be deciding where to keep it, LOL! Do I want in the house, displayed openingly where I'd be able to access it easily and possibly remember to do more letterwriting? or put it out in the studio and use it exclusively for my artistic endeavors? I believe I'm leaning more towards the first, but who knows, I may end up loving it so much, I'll have to purchase another one, LOL!!!!! I tell you, that suitcase is absolutely adorable!!!!

Speaking of corresponding.... geeeshhh.... my mind's wandering. I have the napkin swap ready to be taken to the post office tomorrow. I need to bind up my deco tomorrow, prepare it for mailing to Linda, and take it along with me. {I hesitated to send it today, in hopes that one of the art idea journals would arrive and I could quickly finish up my last step of the process to take it along with me.}

Also, tomorrow's the day for the notification regarding the Variety Collage Swap on Swap-bot. I'll finally know who the two participants are that I will be mailing to so I'll be able to check out their profiles, visit their websites, blogs, and/or read about their desires for what they'd enjoy receiving in addition to the items I've already gathered up. I also discovered some additional supplies that I have an excess of while browsing in the studio so I'll add some of those supplies to the packages as well.

My "to do" list is getting shorter, freeing me up some to work more on the art that I desire to create. That sounds sort of strange as I write it, LOL! Not that it is a bad thing, just that since I've drifted more in to rubberstamping, altered books, and mixed media, from creating scrapbooks, I have discovered that I don't create enough artwork for my own enjoyment. Not that I don't like sharing... art is truly intended to be shared with the world; it is just a matter of finding and discovering that sense of balance between what one desires to share and what one desires to keep for their own. I really want to continue adding to the gratitude garland, begin creating some collages, creating more handmade books and sewn bindings, and work on the correspondence suitcase.

I've other thoughts and ideas but for now, I am content to be setting goals once again, and actually achieving them. Of course there is always more that I'd like to do, but I am doing really good at not overwhelming myself with it all at once. Taking it one step at a time and getting things done. Hey, it is working! I'm creating, enjoying, and sharing more than I have in quite some time. {*that is a good feeling!}

No comments: