Friday, September 01, 2006

Even the best laid plans...

sometimes get put on hold.

Unfortunately, for me, I woke up this morning barely able to move. I have so much pain in my back and my neck! I don't believe there is a part of my body that isn't effect' it hurts so much to move. I apologize for the complaints! but this isn't "normal" for me; I'm not used to being laid up and am usually always on the go... doing something or other.

After spending an hour simply attempting to get dressed, and performing even the easiest personal care tasks such as brushing my teeth and my hair {with different brushes! LOL!} was agonizing. Waves of excrusiating {sp.?} pain raked through me with each and every movement I attempted to make. It wasn't soon after that and I was on the telephone, talking to my chiropractor. Luckily, I was able to get into his office within 15 minutes --- and he is only 15 minutes from my home. I arrived at his office shortly thereafter and received a spinal adjustment. I had so many veretebra's out of place in my back that Dr. Gary believes it may take several adjustments before I will finally be pain-free once again.

This all started after I had Alexxis a few days ago. I think it is the way that I am holding her, although I prop her and my arm up while holding her for feedings and snugglings. Carring her around without a heel lift in my shoe. {Did you know my right leg is shorter than the left one since my previous automobile accident in 1999? Since, the surgical repair to my heel and my achille's tendon, I've been instructed to wear a heel lift in my shoe.} Wearing summer sandles, I have opted not to wear it this year. I knew I was sore the next day after caring for Alexxis and true to my nature, I ignored the pain and the warning signs. I just kept doing as I normally do. Well, it certainly caught up with me! I have gradually been feeling crappier and worse every day since but figured once I got up and around and moving once again I'd be okay. It was a nice idea, unfortunately, it didn't work! However, I can assure you, I'm listening now!!!!

Don has been a god-send. He took me out for breakfast afterwards, helped me stop by the library for some books to read, and basically been my "go-pher" for the day while I've been resting and taking it easy on the couch.

I sat and created a medallion for my deco. Although, I am uncertain about adding prior to sending it out, I still desired to share it. I'll upload it in another post, real quick.

1 comment:

liannallama said...

gosh, Cathy! I hope you are feeling better soon!