Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday's update...

I spent my Sunday with the sweetest little girl..... Miss Alexxis. Amber brought her over to spend time with grammie while Chris and her tackled assembling her new high chair. I cannot get over how much she is growing, watching her blossom into herself, and the fascination that she has with the world around her.

I actually caught her playing "peek a boo" with me yesterday as she sat in her Fisher Price Aquarium bouncy seat, cooing at her friends, pretending to watch TV. It was so adorable! She'd coo at her kiss-y fish, glance at the TV, and when I'd look at her sitting there, I'd discover her looking at me. This seemed to amaze her as she look at me and coo, squealing with delight. I'd glance at the TV and then back at her and she'd coo and squeal some more, LOL! She continued this game for a good 15 minutes. She is such a wonderful child, filled with happiness, and for the most part very content unless hungry, tired, or in need of a diaper change.

She'll soon have her first experience with food in just a few short weeks as Amber will be adding cereal to her diet. I believe she is more than ready for it as it isn't too uncommon for her to want to devour an 8 oz. bootle of formula on occassion. She is definately teething, although there is no sign of any teeth coming in yet, her small swollen gums, fingers and hand in her mouth, drooling, and running a low grade fever off and on tell the story.

She tries so hard to sit up all by herself and is so very strong! It shouldn't be too much longer before she's mastered that as she is almost 4 months old now. I'll have to post some pics of her soon --- I didn't take any yesterday as I was just too caught up in spending time with her, devouring every little moment and movement she makes. Between spending time with her, I simply sat and spent the entire day watching movies! Life is definately good!

No comments: