Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What we've been up to...

For the most part, Don and I are trying to stay cool with this recent "heat wave" that has been traveling across the US and seemed to have stalled out over the Ohio valley. I know that's far from being true, most of the US is feeling it; however, we're both feeling its effects in more ways than one. Cabin fever is truly beginning to set in as neither of us desire to even go outside unless it is absolutely necessary. Don's been simply going to work and back, and if the empty roads are any indication, so are many, many other people. My heart goes out to all the children who will be starting back to school - my neices in Texas are scheduled to return this upcoming week; I couldn't imagine the heat they've had for the last weeks upon end. It would be a great time for me to get out into the studio but without AC, I'm not so certain I really desire to go there!

We've been spending our days and nights indoors, in the AC with it blowing full blast, reading, computering, watching TV, and resulting to playing card games in the evenings. Dinners consist of coldcuts, chilled fruits, and so many salads that we've ran completely out of lettuce --- something I need to rectify soon.

This morning we even resulted to turning down the thermostat on the hot tub on our rear deck from 100 degrees to hopefully the high 80 or low 90's so we can use it to cool off in the evenings. We are really missing being outside, enjoying nature's summer beauty. We normally spend more time on our rear deck, grilling out, sitting either in the hot tub or at the patio table enjoying one another's company. We miss sitting there in the twilight hours with candlelight, with nothing more than a gentle breeze and the occasional cooing of a mourning dove. There is just something so soulful and a zen-like quality of tranquility there.

Don finally resorted to doing a bit of mowing the lawn late in the evening last night --- only because it truly required it! We chat about the things we'd like to be doing, places we'd like to go, and compromise it all in an all out effort just to stay cool. I'm certain there are a lot of other people who can relate... so I'll stop venting now, LOL! Whatever you're doing, wherever you are, I hope your staying cool as well - however you choose to deal with this heat. {smiles}

No comments: