Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yesterday turned out to be a very productive day for me! I managed to get a deposit slip filled out, several checks wrote and ready to be mailed, a "Thank You" card created for an online friend for placing a Stampin' Up order for the Label Punch Tin! If you haven't seen this stamp and punch set yet, you gotta check it out! Visit the Stampin' Up website @ http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/default.asp and pull up the 2006-2007 Catalog, it is on page 221, and so darn adorable! Anyways, in my haste, I forgot to scan the card that I created but I assure you it turned out adorable. All of my envies are signed, sealed, and ready to be delivered!

I, also, managed to begin working on my deco for an upcoming swap. I used a beautiful green cardstock {I think it is Bazill's Leap Frog..... or something really similar}, and one dark and one light shade of purple for the actual pages which are 12" x 4" which are folded on the long side to form a 6x4 inch book which I'm planning to do a simple pamphlet stitch to bind. There are probably more pages inside the book than the participants will need but I loved the idea of creating a thicker book so it has 12 pages. I chose some beautiful printed papers in the same color scheme.... Wild Aspargus My husband's paisley, Claire's Cottage, and the Petal Collection. I decided my theme for the deco would be "Friends" and I added in some beautiful quotations. My intro and sign in pages are also created. I used a Stampington template from The Stamper's Sampler Slender Envelope Template http://www.stampington.com/html/tempting_template_jj05.html for my sign in's. I'll have to either photograph it or scan it in to show you, but it is on it's way to being completed..... I desire to embellish it a bit more first. Since, I really loved the color scheme and had a lot of left over scraps from creating it, I am enclosing a ziplock baggie of 4x6 scrap papers for the participants to use inside it for a more cohesive look. I'm hoping that the other participants won't find that too tacky! I just loved the look!!!

This morning, Don has a check up with his Dr.'s office --- a routine visit. While he is away for it, I'll be packaging up Linda's books and slipcase to take along with me to the P.O. later this early afternoon. A quick stop to make my deposit at the bank and we will be heading to Ontario. Don ordered some books from Barnes and Nobles Booksellers and we are heading over to pick them up. I'm also thinking I'd like to stop into http://scrapnstampink.com/, to visit with Peggy and see what's new. Don and I have stopped by several times, however we seem to always miss catching her. Unfortunately, our schedules seem to collide.

I am also planning a quick stop into Hobby Lobby as I need to re-stock my supply of adhevises. {with all this creative frenzy, my supply is running low....... but that's a good thing, right?} and a trip into The Party Supply store to purchase napkins for the napkin swap so I can get those send out later in the week.

This will free me up for awhile to finish on Vicky's pages for the Art Idea Journal, focus on gathering up supplies for the Collage Swap, and work more on my altered book pages and gratitude garland. Well, I've lots to do today so I'm going to check my email and get myself ready to greet the day! I hope everyone has a good one!!! {*smiles*}

No comments: