Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yesterday's journey...

Don's books didn't come in at Barnes and Nobles yesterday so we will be making a trip back over to Ontario sometime this week to pick them up. Upon leaving the bookstore, we had a nice quiet lunch at Fazzoli's, then stopped into see Peggy at Scrap and Stamp Ink. It was great to catch up with her and hear about the wonderful vacation that she'd taken recently to visit with her mother. {Becky, I soaked up a few hugs for you! LOL!}

Afterwards, we headed to Hobby Lobby where I behaved myself! and only purchased the necessary adhesives that I needed. It turned out to be good timing, too, as they were 1/3 off and I purchased a jar of rubber cement to try a stamping technique shared in the recent ATC technique swap. Also, on sale, were their rubberstamps! but unfortunately I spent my alloted craft allowance for the month when I placed an order for the SU Label Punch Set Tin and another online order from Above the Mark. {Boo!Hoo! for there were some adorable House Mouse images available.}

I didn't always have a "allotted amount" of money to spend on craft supplies, and "No!" Don isn't forcing me to spend only a certain amount per month, although some of my family and friends may believe he should! This is something that I, myself, have implemented after going through my studio and giving so much stuff away! I am really believing it is a great idea for me as it forces me to really get real about what I am purchasing and is helping me not to impulse shop. So far, it's working!!!

To get back to our day, we stopped by for a brief visit with Sheila before she needed to scoot out the door to pick Dennis up from work. After returning home, Don worked for a few hours and I spent time watching some TV. Exciting lives, no?

No comments: