Saturday, September 30, 2006

Catching up...

I worked Friday on creating the Postage stamp ATC swap and 3 ATC's for a personal swap the swap hostess . I am happy to say that all are done and I am extremely happy with the way they turned out. My late afternoon and early evening was spent resting. I actually managed to slip in a nap! A long nap... {sigh... it was heavenly!} After Don returned home from work late in the evening, we headed up to the Moose Family Center for a while and listened to a band. It was great to get out and mingle for a while.

Today, I seemed to have hit the ground running. Amber and Chris came over to borrow a few of my studio tables for a yard sale that they and Chris' parents are having Saturday and Sunday. I quickly checked my email and got to work on computer maintainance and my housework.

I cleaned 80% of our bedroom; still need to tackle our closet as the seasons here in Ohio are changing; managed to do several loads of laundry, then started to work on re-arranging our living room.

After picking up, dusting , vacuaming, and moving a few pieces of furniture, I got the bright idea to start painting. I mentioned before about how I thought about painting only the bottom sections of our walls and adding in a chair rail, so that is what I started. Only to run into a problem with the paint I had purchased. It wasn't at all the color that I had choosen... For some reason it went on the wall in a yellow-orange color vs. the harvest gold I'd picked out. One coat on one wall and I knew that there was no way I could live with it!

A quick telephone call to Don, with me totally freaking out! and one look at it when he arrived home, we decided to headed out to Lowes. Once there, I looked for a while and decided to unexpectly go with an entirely different color. I choose a Pine green/ deep hunter green color.

As soon as we returned home, I was opening up the paint and painting away. I finished up a couple hours ago and I gotta say that I love it! I am so excited about purchasing the baseboard, that we will stain ourselves and install, and later on the chair rails that I will paint white. I decided to stay with the white on them as the window and door trim is already white. I just think it will flow better within the space. I'll have to upload some photographs of our living room soon. Right now, I'm too tired, lol!

I still have painting in the kitchen to finish and since I love the hunter green color so well, I'm considering painting the side walls in the red and the back wall and door in the hunter. I'm thinking the dark green will add a beautiful contrast to the red and pull the rooms together for a more cohesive look. But that, my friends, is a project for another day! This girl is beat! {and trying her damnest to stay awake! I want to run out to Wal-Mart at midnight in the hopes of snagging up a T.M.X. Elmo for Alexxis for Christmas. Normally, I don't worry about what is hot or the current trend but that thing is adorable. It matches Alexxis' happy go lucky personality to a "T". I can see her in my mind's eye, laughing her little belly laugh at it! Wish me luck!!!}

No comments: