Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Our weekend...

On Saturday, I only grabbed my ID, checkbook, and pen to head out to Lowe's to purchase a gallon of paint to begin painting the chair rail in our living room. As I was leaving Lowes, I had my checkbook in hand and climbed in the truck. Upon arriving home, I instantly began painting and during the evening when preparing to go to WalMart, I realized I couldn't find my checkbook with my ID tucked inside of it! I retraced my steps mentally from the time I left home with it to the time I got home and the last time I actually remember seeing it was in the truck. What is strange however is that I had laid the receipt from Lowes on top of my checkbook and I found that. I'm thinking in my haste to get started on the painting, I put my checkbook up somewhere within our home. After searching the majority of Sunday for it to no avail, I decided on Monday to contact my bank.

So, yesterday was spent at the bank... stopping payment on all the checks written after Lowe's up to the ones in my "new" pad of checks. Upon leaving there, I had to go to the BMV and get a new ID created. $47.00 later, I have some peace of mind, in the event that I did actually lose it while walking up to the house. Sheesshh. {The sad part is that I never do this.... I always take my entire purse when I leave home, but in my haste to get the paint, and the painting done, I couldn't for the life of me remember or find/figure out what I had done with it. I hope I never do this again...}

Anyways, I did managed to finish up the last of the painting on Sunday, and I got our living room re-arranged and everything back in its place. We also managed to score a T.M.X. Elmo for Alexxis. She'll be receiving this for Christmas and it is a relief knowing I won't have to be scouring the ends of the earth during the Christmas shopping season in search of the elusive toy.

No comments: