Thursday, September 28, 2006

A hectic week...

It has been a very hectic week! I've been helping Amber with Alexxis the last 3 days and this grandma is worn out! Although, I love having and being with that little one, I have completely forgotten just how much time and caring goes into a little one. Alexis is exactly 5 months old today and she is currently cutting more teeth. She is such a good baby, even with the teething going on... I feel for her because I know what cutting teeth feels like as I had one heck of time cutting in my wisdom teeth, but all in all she is handling it well. Of course, Tylenol and Ora-gel are her new best friends, LOL!

After Amber and Alexxis returned home yesterday evening, Don and I headed over to KMart to make a layaway payment on Alexxis's christmas items. We made a quick stop into AutoZone for a set of new windshield wiper blades, and man, are we so very glad we did! On the way home we had a thunderstorm come upon us which DUMPED rain! Lots of flashes of lightning and thunder... water on the roads; I could feel the truck start to hydroplane a couple of times, which really scared the be-jesus out of me. I don't do accidents very well after my car accident in '99. I don't think I've ever been as grateful to arrive home safe and sound ever in my life, it was that bad!

No comments: