Saturday, September 09, 2006

Paper Medallions --- and a tutorial!



I saw these on some matchbox slider boxes while at On Paper. It took me an entire day to figure out how to re-create them myself! Basically, you take a rectangle of paper, and fold it accordian style, then join the two cut ends which need to start and end with a valley fold.

These can be created any size desire as long as the length is 4 times the width. The large one is a 2"x8" rectangle. I first folded my paper in half, then brought the ends into the center fold and worked from there. This provided me with even spaces to work with. After the accordian is folded completely, fold the entire piece in half and crease well. Cut the banner from one strip of paper the desired width and length, and create two simple folds where desired. Notch the ends to resemble cut ribbon. I stacked popdots underneath to assure the center of ribbon wouldn't collapse and added a photo tab underneath the ends to adhere over the adhere edges of the medallion below. © 2006 Cathy Highland, owner of Partly Paper.

These could be added to gift bags, the top of the "in a jar" mixes for gift-giving. I used the Stampin' Up Label and Punch to add a decorative touch to mine, and they look fabulous glittered! Enjoy and happy creating!!!

No comments: