Sunday, October 22, 2006

I am....

once again on "Inspiration Overload!" Have you ever had so many ideas, thoughts, desires, and wishes running around in head all at once that you thought or felt that if you don't do something your head is going to simply explode? Well, my friends, that's were I am at. After having another wonderful day today, with a little, as in very little, shopping, lots of browsing through the aisles of Garden Ridge and Michael's, I'm simply filled with good ideas. I did restraint myself to purchasing only a few things as I had set out to do, so I was a good girl. I purchased a wooden candlestick and wooden finale for my shrine that I've been desiring to create. I already have a wooden box to use, although I had to purchase a Christmas tree ornament of the cutest white curly feathered bird that you have ever seen. Other items were a chipboard block by Colorbox, I believe, since I have no chipboard other than the full sheets I use in my bookbinding. I cannot believe that chipboard pieces and tags have been on the market for so long and I just now getting around to purchasing any, LOL! But that's a good thing, right? That simply means I've been purging and using what I do have at my disposal vs. simply storing it... ha.ha.

My main thought behind purchasing what I did is there is enough in it to share with Amber and to use in Alexxis's scrapbook album which I really need to start on. However, I came to the realization that before I start yet another project, I should focus on the currently involved in ones, so I'm still setting my priorities. The good news is that I can gather ideas, make sketches, and do some note taking in the meantime.

The RR for the Art Idea Journals is nearing completion; the Deco RR is one away from me and is currently held up in the postal system and that is it as far as my artistic obligations are concerned. Therefore, I should be able to finally settle in and begin some serious starting in the Christmas gifts I need to get started on fairly soon. My game plan is to get caught back up on the housework that I need to get done tomorrow and in between the doing, get the stamping done for the bookmarks so they will be ready for coloring in during the free moments in the evenings this week. I want to really make a conscious effort to get out into the studio and clean and get the re-organizing of the supplies off of my tables so that I have a workspace to set up the remaining Christmas projects on.

Another on the agenda thought is to pack up some of totes once again so that I can get back to creating with some of my local friends. Realizing just how much I miss that and my friends, I made a few telephone calls today, talked and chatted, and made promises to get together with each of them soon. So, that is the game plan. I'm thinking if I space things out, work on a variety of projects in baby steps, focusing on what needs to get done in steps for each and everyone, I can make me a checklist to assist me accomplishing them. AND, so I don't get burnt out creating for everyone else, I can continue to work on my gratitude garland and start in on the shrine preparations as a gift to myself. Hopefully this will work out and create some of the balance that I so desparately need right now.

I have some other thoughts and ideas but for now, the above items are enough. Those thoughts and ideas can be here in my pretty little head, brewing, developing, and possibly even motivating me in the right direction. I am so loving that thought!!!! With some direction, and this game plan in place, I should have some items to share with all of you soon!!! Until then, happy, happy creating artlings!!!

No comments: