Sunday, October 22, 2006

Living life to the fullest....

Today I want to dance in the rain, twirl between the raindrops, splash through some puddles, enjoy the rain on my face, the feel of wet clothes against my skin, feel the chill that is in the autumn air. Delight in the colors of pumpkins, gourds, indian corn, and the newly fallen leaves from the tree.... but here I sit, warm, dry, and cozy in my home at the computer.

I want to go organize the studio, dress it up, display my own and others artwork proudly on its walls and shelves, lined with lace and drapes with flowing fabrics.... but here I sit, staring blankly at the computer screen.

I want to take a trip, a road trip, feeling the vibrations of the wheels as they turn and turn across the highways and byways through life... but here I sit motionless.

Its ironic that my mind can dream up so many things to do, to be, to become.... yet my heart isn't in any of the doing part of them. I'm feeling content, loved, satiated, in the afterglow of being surrounded by my ever so loving family and friends. I want to savor the moment just a little bit longer while deciding exactly what I'll do with the day I've been blessed with.

No comments: