Saturday, October 14, 2006

I love compliments...

I can remember a time in my life when I didn't like being on the receiving end of compliments. They somehow made feel so self-conscious, in a put-in-the-spotlight kinda way... like a deer caught in the headlights, LOL! I could myself blushing, shyly slinking away... And for the longest time, I didn't honesty know how to accept them gracefully, just silently wished that people wouldn't do that to me, LOL!

But last night, I received so many of them! Anyways, I felt great as so many friends and acquaintance showered me with compliments last night. It's so funny how you change one little thing and everyone's asking, "Did you lose weight?", "You look fabulous! Did you go on a vacation?" "There's something different about you..." Everything from the way I was dressed, to how pretty my eyes are, and even the perfume I was wearing was complimented and genuinely made me feel really good about myself.

I slept in this morning, to wake up to a note that Don had left me as he had already left for work, which read, "You looked really pretty last night. Keep it up! I love you and I'll talk to you later." As I read it, the myrid of compliments that I received last night came flooding back to me. I thought to myself... no I didn't lose weight but I'd love to shed 20 some pounds. No, I didn't go on a vacation, but if you are offering... I'm ready! And as for, "there is something different about me"... Yes, there is! {It is this new hairdo!!! that I'm so loving! but I'm not telling you that!} and the perfume.... It is Estee Lauder's "Beautiful" who doesn't love it? But the compliments really boosted my self-esteem! I am truly inspired to get back to exercising, taking care of myself and our home better, improving my relationships with those that I love! But most of all, I realized that a genuine compliment is something that I myself desire to share more of with my friends and family. Afterall, don't we all need a boost once in a while? And what is more perfect than a geniune, heartfelt, "Thank you!" {*smile}

No comments: