Saturday, October 14, 2006

It's a beautiful day!

The sun is shinging in the bluest sky that we've had recently in Ohio, speckled with white fluffy clouds, and autumn with its beautiful glory is displaying itself so magically. The trees are near peak here and from what I've heard, in the majority of the state. I absolutely love this time of the year... it is definately my favorite season. {Although, I love all the seasons for a variety of different reasons.} There is slight chill in the air, from the recent cold front that has passed through and is lingering around just a bit, but the warmth of the sun on your face certainly makes up for it. I'm excitedly waiting for Don to return home from work... I'd love to grab my camera {or maybe the video cam} and go for a ride.. somewhere... anywhere. Not too far, as it will be getting dark in a few hours, but get out and enjoy the day.

I'm thinking this evening maybe I'll make a quick stop at the store for some cold cuts, cheese, fresh fruit, and bread, and milling spices for the apple cider I recently purchased. I'm thinking I'd so love to get up early tomorrow and hit the road. We haven't packed the cooler and had a picnic on the road in quite sometime so to me that would be lovely! Besides, my spirits longing for some wanderings and roaming... visiting some of the Metro and State parks, stopping off at some of the roadside markets and maybe hitting an antique market or two. I definately want to capture the moment of the season before they fade....

Don and I have been discussing our preparations for the change of seasons. Getting the furniture in off the deck, cleaning and organizing the studio, creating some heartwarming meals, and all that needs to be completed before the holidays are upon us. But for now, those things can wait... I'm in a Capre Diem mood!

No comments: