Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My hair appointment went amazing well. Although Rita was out of my first choice of hair dye, we were able to improvise by mixing a couple of colors that came real close to the sand blonde I wanted. Since my hair was a really light blonde, from almost 9 months of highlighting, we decided to start with a clean slate by coloring it all over then going back in using thin highlights in the gold blonde. The result was worth it!

It darkened the previously highlighted sections and lightened my natural brunette color. It is now light brunette color with a little of my naturally brunette/red tint with thin streaks of golden blonde - just enough to add some sparkle and soften my face. After a cut, and I do mean cut! my hair is no longer limp and lying, but layered and full of body, just a bit above shoulder length. It took a few of years off of me, LOL!

Upon returning home this afternoon, I started in making dinner. I love to cook every now and then; although I also welcome the opportunity not to have to do it every day. The Pepper Rustica came out amazingly well and was so delish that I had to help myself to a bit more earlier this evening. Here's the recipe, if anyone is interested.

1 pkg. of mild Italian Sausage
Approx. 1/3 cup of chopped onion
Aprox. 1/3 cup of chopped green peppers {um, I'm guessing here as I don't actually measure; just chop and toss!}
1 can of seasoned diced tomatoes
8 oz. of Penne pasta noodles
6 oz. of spaghetti sauce {I used Ragu today... as it was what was on sale this week}
3 oz. of mozzarella cheese

Put on a pot of water to boil before slicing the mild italian sausage into 1/2" - 3/4" chuncks. In another skillet and over a medium heat, brown the sausage, stirring and turning as needed. When almost cooked thoroughly, sprinkle in the onion and green peppers, sauting them for 3-5 minutes. Add in the diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce. Turn down the heat to medium-low and allow to simmer, stirring as needed. Add penne pasta to the boiling pot of water; cook approx. 7-8 minutes. While the sauce is simmering and the pasta is cooking, grate the mozzarella cheese and set aside. When the pasta is fully cooked, drain and pour into a bowl. Stir in the sauce over the penne pasta, mixing until covered. When making the plates, sprinkle the top with the mozzarella cheese.

Makes a lot! Enough for a family of 4. Freezes well for reheating in the oven later. Prep and cook time: approx. 30 minutes.

After eating, watching a bit of TV, this blustery, gray day.... I felt tired so I took a nap! A nice short nap but a nap nonetheless. Just me in our nice, warm, comfy bed! Pure heaven...

This evening Don and I took turns wearing Chaos out by throwing his ball around some before putting him in his crate while we headed to WalMart. I needed to purchase a package of copy paper so that I can get started on the some journals I'll be creating for Christmas gifts this year.

No comments: