Sunday, October 15, 2006

Our travels yesterday took over into the Lexington, Ohio area. I didn't take any photographs as the recent rain, cold temperatures, and the strong winds have all but stripped the majority of the leaves off of the trees. There are still some trees with leaves however, this section of Ohio is definately way past its peak. We stopped for a wonderful dinner at the Dutch Heritage restaurant and dined on some amazing Amish cooking. After browsing in the gift shop and purchasing a key ring filled with some antique replicas of skeleton keys, we drove into Galion briefly before heading over to visit with Dennis and Sheila. We had an enjoyable evening, catching up on one another lives, making plans to get together soon. It was well after dark when we headed home and I spent my time being on the lookout for deer. With the farmer's pulling in some of the fall harvest, it unusual to see them near the edges of fields or jumping and running out in front of your vehicle. We did spot a doe with a pair of carefree fawns frollicking on the edge of a cornfield near sunset.

Upon arriving home, I noticed my sister, Mary had IM'd me while I was gone so I telephoned her. First words out of her mouth when she saw my recent photograph was, "That's not Cathy!" LOL! Normally my hair is a bit longer, darker when natural, and blonder when colored. See! I told you having this done took years off of me... I'm much younger looking and at my age, you definately gotta love that!

Today's agenda is to take yet another road trip. This time we're intending to head south. I'm thinking maybe I'd like to visit the wetlands, maybe head down near Lexington, the Hocking Hills area. It is so gorgeous in the fall! Hopefully, we won't be too late to catch the fall foilage!

No comments: