Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Shrine progress...

I ran into a slight problem with the wooden box that I had spray painted gold. It is too heavy and unbalanced for the candlestick base due to the weight of the attached lid. Of course, I could have removed the lid, but I like it! So, I went back out to the studio to grab an actual birdhouse that I had picked up over the summer and sprayed painted it gold. It has a small finale on the top front but the wood one I picked up still fits back behind it and I like the looks of it. Now, I am working on creating two of them, LOL!

I'm thinking I'll make the birdhouse one in the Winter Whispers scene ---- possibly add some snow tex snow to it for a wintery theme piece that can be displayed in our home. The other will remain just the simple open box with the lid but shrine-like inside and I'll add to the interior of the lid as well and just allow it to sit on my shelves within the studio. I'm thinking this one will be more vintage in style and I'll use my white bird on it.

The ideas for its design are coming together somewhat although I'm uncertain of what ephermera and text I'll add. I have decided that I want to create a paper rosette or medallion for it though. Maybe I can find a small quote or section of one to add to a banner to coordinate with it. One thing I've learned is not to rush the process so while I'm working on Winter Whispers, I can think about my vintage one more. I'm envisioning it, I just need to figure out the details of actually creating it!

No comments: