Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Shrines to date...

The sheet music has been spray painted with a light coating of the gold paint to assist with the aged appearance. I'm thinking I will add some walnut ink to it yet before cutting and adhering it within the bottom of the box behind the nest as nothing is adhered in as of yet. This will done after I add some more paint to the box itself. I'm thinking some medium tones browns and some whitewashed vanilla colored acrylic paints; not too much but enough just to tone the gold some along the inside walls and the outside of the box.
I haven't choosen any images or text to add but as far as placement of them go, I'm thinking an image inside the box lid and possibly extending the text on into and onto the sheet music background a bit or adding a medallion that will be created small and possibly centered into the box lid about a 1/3 of the way from the top and a banner added that extends around the inside sides of the box lid and placing my text upon it. I guess time will tell as it evolves, LOL!

1 comment:

Sue McGettigan said...

I can't wait to see where you go with these shrines Cathy, they are fascinating!