Saturday, October 14, 2006

We found a kiln!!!

A large kiln!!! I'm talking this baby's like 5 ft. tall! and the best part is the price was right! and if that wasn't good news enough... the sellers are throwing in some molds! I've now idea what the molds are as of yet, but hey! their FREE!

I'm uncertain about when we will be actually picking it up and I know it will be going to the back room of the store for a while but I'm certainly excited!!! So many possibilities with having a kiln of one's own. I can venture into the precious metal clay, purchase clay by the pound and do some free-form creating, make my own ceramic tiles........ whoooo-hooo! I'm imagining it will be awhile before we get the 220 ran to the carport/new garage and we can actually get this baby moved but I'm so loving the idea!

Of course along with it comes some re-organizing, getting rid of some material stuff that has been lingering around our home for far too long but both Don and I are excited about the process. We've been desiring our own kiln for far too long. Did you all know that long before I became passionate about paper, my first love was ceramics? Yep. Playing in clay, firing into bisque, pouring molds, cleaning, glazing, refiring.... painting... ahhh, I loved the painting. Watching something being creating from dust, into the 3D shape of an ordinary, everyday object and taking it from something plain into the creation of something beautiful. I'm not entirely certain about having the time to do it all but I know like everything else in our lives, I'll somehow manage to create or make time for it. For now, I'm loving all the possibilities of owning it, LOL!

No comments: