Thursday, October 19, 2006

Yesterday, Don and I both felt a little restless so we took a road trip down to Polaris last night. I made a quick stop into Michael's and picked up the latest issue of this:

I'm loving how it is filled with some of the clip art to be able to either re-create the project or use them in some of my own creations. I also picked up some off-white satin ribbon by the roll and a few vintage style rose sprigs and baby's breath to use on the covers some of my own journals. I've been desiring to cover them using some handmade, imported, and embossed papers created more in a dust jacket style/slipcover. I need to purchase the paper yet, so we ventured into Papyrus at the Polaris Mall to see what they had available. Lots of pretty giftwrap paper but not quite what I had in mind so I left without purchasing any.

Our next stop was for a light dinner at the Olive Garden. We dined on salad and breadsticks and shared a pizza. If you haven't tried the pizza there, you got to! Delish!!! Filling up rather quickly, we brought half the pizza home in a take out box.

Next, we ventured into Barnes and Nobles. I browsed quickly for Sally Jean's Pretty Little Things book. Luckily, it wasn't yet available or my budget would have quickly went out the window, LOL! I'll have to wait a week or two and then order it online. I may even treat myself to a signed edition from the artist herself. That's a lovely thought! Afterwards, I headed to the periodicals section and purchase two more magazines which I am desiring to loungingly linger over this evening while Don is working.

This afternoon's agenda is to head out to the studio for some straightening and cleaning. I've got to get organized so I can focus on more of my heart's desires and get to working on some of this year's Christmas gifts. Wish me luck for getting things done in a timely manner!

No comments: