Saturday, October 21, 2006

So much for doing anything in "a timely manner"...

I never made it out to the studio as I got sidetracked around the house. Oh well, Chaos smells good and is ever so soft! Don and I wrestled him into the bathtub and it took everything we both had to keep him there. What a lug! I don't believe we will attempt this again; next time we're definately hitting the pet spa. It is so much easier on both of us and our poor aching backs.

I'm not exactly certain when this began but I remember blogging about it before, Chaos being touchy about his legs when bathing him. Well, to make a long story short, I almost got bit! Thankfully, he let out a loud growl and a warning to stop or I'm certain I would have gotten it; I've never heard a growl like this one. It's definately no soap, rubbing or lathering on the legs.... what's up with that? Also, I don't know how anyone else feels about a dog biting, but I know he'll only get on chance to do that here and we will be looking for other options for him--- another home with a handler or putting him down.

He has been so rambunctious lately. {And yes, I use that word a lot! Is there any other way to describe a Lab puppy?} I know some of it is due to the cooler temperatures and the rain as we don't get him outside as much then and he is loving being outdoors most of the day when the weather permits. I feel so awful sometimes for him.... we really need to get some of our fianances under control and get a fenced in area for him to run. {Before anyone feels we are neglectful pet owners, I assure you that isn't the case. Chaos is well-loved, taken care, and exercised! We do our damnest to use the 5 minute rule: 5 minutes of exercise for every month of age. That is over an hour a day and trust me, he can wear you out! and then there are days when more is required. A tired lab is definately a good lab!!!!

I try so hard to work with him regarding the obedience training but I have to admit he is stubborn, always trying to pull rank on you. Well as of today, it is boot camp time! No more Mr. or Mrs. nice guy... he will learn to mind or spend a lot of time outs in his crate. {Where he is now for disobeying the "no jump", "down" and "off" commands after getting overly excited about going outside.} Gosh, I feel like a parent, LOL!

No comments: