Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back to painting....

Today's agenda is to get the final two coats of red paint on the kitchen walls. The previous coats of paint are dry, yet splotching looking --- the nature of this red paint! I know, however, that once completed, I'm going to love it! I've procrastinated long enough about painting it; mainly because there is so much to paint around. Cabinets, windows, the back door... the color in my previous pic is a bit off. In reality, the paint is a ruby red, Behr's Ruby Ring, which cures to a wonderful red with a hint of burgandy as the layers of paint mix together. I am anxious to get it finished up today because once dry... I get to start putting everything back into the space and re-decorate!

I'll be re-hanging my baskets, my gardening hat will hang on a nail besides the back door, my stained glass rooster will be catching and throwing a bit of color into the space, while my rooster cookie jar will be waiting to be filled with Christmas cookies, my cake pedastal with a delish delight! and the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas will soon be waifing through the air. However, before all that can happen, I need to once again pick up the roller and the paint brush.... {ta...ta...*until then*}

No comments: