Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blogger Beta and an update

One day last week I updated my blog to Blogger Beta. So far, so good. I've not experienced any problems and this is my first post since making that move. I figure all blogger blogs will be moved eventually anyways, so I made the move. I must admit that I was a little hesitant and concerned about losing anything, so before I did I copied my template source and all posts and pasted them into notepad! Just as a precaution! I'm am totally amazed that I fastly approaching my 2nd blog-aversary! It's hard for even me to comprehend that I've managed to keep up with it. I am also grateful that I've done this. I keep handwritten journals, however, sometimes I become too busy to find the time to sit and write all the I desire too; so this online blog helps me to stay in touch with family and friends, as well as record those little moments that may never have been documented; although my handwritten journals are a bit more personal. I used to hesitate to document some things that could controvery, but now, I no longer worry about that; I remain hopeful that whoever may read them after I am gone will realize that what I might have written is my point of view. Hell, there is even a disclaimer written there for my daughter, should she ever read them, LOL! Sometimes what I write centers around her, my frustrations as a mother, my disappointments when I know she could do better for herself, ect. I just have hope that as a mother herself, she will one day understand what I feel and the way I think.

I wonder sometimes if one day my granddaughter, Alexxis, will come to love this blog as much as I do! Will my blog even be around when she is in her 20's, 30's? Who knows, but for now, it is enough for me. And enough about this blog or my journals....

Lately, my mind has been on decorating for the holidays so I've started doing some major housekeeping that sort of gets shoved to side with the everyday cleaning. Closets, Art supplies, clearing and organizing drawers, type of stuff. Those things we put off for that "one day", which never seems to come, LOL!

I spent some time searching online for holiday decorating ideas, going through some previous years worth of magazines, going through some catalogs, thinking about what I have available and how to best utilize it. While doing so, I think I'd like to hang on to some of these older magazines and catalogs so that I can clip some of the photographs to add to a handmade scrapbook with ideas, projects, and anything holiday related. On the BHG website, there has been a 100 days of decorating ideas covering everything from Autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas which I've been enjoying but I'm am not about to try to tackle one of that size! At least not yet, anyways. I'm thinking of focusing only on Christmas for now. I think I'm going to simply use sheets of 12x12 cardstock rather than cutting, resizing, ect. and leave a 1" margin on the left side. Once done I'll created some covers and bind in an easy Japanese Stab Binding, maybe using some wider red satin Christmas-y style ribbon. I'm thinking my pages will be dimensional, using paper clips, fold outs, envelopes with sample craft supplies tucked inside, fabric samples, ect. I've some 6x9 envelopes that I can seal, cut in half, add clippings and things to as I work, along with any notes and ideas, until I'm ready to start actually constructing it; which by the way will be well after the new year! I'm stressing myself out trying to accomplish it during this busy season.

Today's agenda: Get out of the house! Do a bit of shopping; list: Camera batteries!!!!! LOL! I'm dying to share my latest creations! Be back later.........

1 comment:

liannallama said...

That is such a cool thought to think about your grandkids reading your blog like an old-fashioned journal someday! Alexis is so cute, no wonder why you are so in love with her! Great new projects, too!