Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some recent creations...

I don't have pictures to share with you of Linda's deco or the artwork mentioned below. I still have to locate my scanner software and my digital batteries died. Somedays, you just cannot win, LOL! I tried recharging them, with no such luck, so I asked if Linda would try to capture an image of her pages for me, I'll share them when I receive them and capture the below mentioned artwork when I purchase fresh batteries. I'm going to need them for the upcoming holidays!

After turning in my job application, resume, making the trip to the P.O, paying home and auto insurance, I made a quick jot into JoAnn's for adhesives. I was shocked at how little selection they actually had; although there was actually quite a bit there to choose from. I really had no idea what type I was looking for, however, I found a 4 pk. of the Duck adhesive which I've never personally tried but have heard good reviews about and purchased it. I also found some DCWV 8x8 Christmas block with cardstock, printed paper, vellum quotes, and alphabet alphabet stickers for 50% off and a co-ordinating rub-on stack and a sticker stack. I purchased them thinking they'd be perfect for some Christmas card and tags. I was inspired further when I read this:

Creativity is a lot like looking at the world through a kaleidoscope. You look at a set of elements, the same ones everyone else sees, but then reassemble those floating bit and pieces into an enticing new possibility.
— Rosabeth Moss Kanter, American business speaker and consultant

Last night, I played around with them a bit. Created one card, a tag, an ornament, and a Christmas fairy in a jar! I have long admired the artwork of Wendy Addison, so I googled her name, discovered some of her artwork.... actually it is a figurine which I saved and printed onto cardstock, cut out, and slid into a jar. I filled the bottom up with unrolled cotton balls, created a medallion for decoration the lid which I hot glued ribbon around the edge of. I used glitter and some tinsel to further decorate it. I hesitated a bit to use Wendy's art within mine, afterall, it is copyrighted. But I decided to go ahead and use it since I am giving credit where create is due and the item isn't for resale but for my own personal use. One of the factors in making that decision was the knock off Sally Jean Alexander Vintage Art charms. Not a original idea, but one she expanded upon in her own unique style and copyright of her own creations. She provides her own line, but within her recent book, Pretty Little Things, shares her tips and techniques and how to's. I am waiting for such a book, written by Wendy Addision!!!! There was a recent write up in the Post Script newsletter, within it you can read A Magical Art Adventure by Jenny Doh and find a photograph of Jenny and Wendy, and read about her adventures with Pam Garrison!

Anyways, the above quotaion was taken from the Stampington & Company Post Script Nov. 14, 2006 issue. You can subscribe to it here:

If you received this newsletter from a friend and would like to SUBSCRIBE, simply click below.http://www.stampington.com/html/post_script2.html Please add PostScript@Stampington.com to your email address book to ensure you receive all of our newsletters in your in-box (not bulk or junk folders). Note: Please keep in mind that this email is not solicited as you added your name to the Stampington Post Script mailing list and expressed an interest in being kept up to date on the latest Stampington & Company news. E-mail addresses will never be shared, traded or sold through Stampington & Company.

"Reprinted with permission from Stampington & Company’s FREE Post Script e-newsletter. You can subscribe to their e-newsletter and enter the drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate by visiting their website at http://www.stampington.com."

Another item I created was an orgami folded slider box which I decorated with a paper medallion and banner that reads, "Joyeus Noel" I believe I'd like to create a few more of these to send out as RAK's.

I am also desiring to purchase a small tree for my studio, create some walnut inked tags using the Cavallini alphabet stamps to spell our some words prior to decorating with some fabric strips and rusty bells. I am hopeful to create some alcohol ink ornaments and some faux Victorian paper style ornaments as well. Of course, I will have to work on this between finishing the Art Idea Journals and the last deco swap!

While at JoAnn's, I also discovered some suitcases, sort of similar to my own Stationery Suitcase. I believe I'll be going back to purchase a few of them, possibly for Christmas gifts... Oh, and while I was out yesterday turning in my application, I came across a Stoneware Popcorn Bucket and Bowl set, complete with Salt and Pepper shakers, and a butter melting pan. Since the price was just as much as I would have spent on another gift for Don's neice, I purchased it. I'll be creating a paper gift card holder instead of the bookmarks I had originally intented to enclose with a gift card to Barnes and Nobles. The gift card will be to a video store so she can rent some new releases. This will free up a bit of my time for creating the journals since I'm hopeful to return to work soon. So please visit again, there is more coming --- I promise!

No comments: