Monday, November 06, 2006

Capturing Creativity...

Early this evening my mind turned onced again to thinking creating art! I have two of the Art Idea Journals that I need to be working in and early this past week, I received Deborah's deco from my dear friend, Lianne. Although my obligation should be first and foremost to the Art Idea Journal RR, I have decided to work in Deborah's Deco first, since that is the direction my muse is leading me towards.

Tonight, I sat and thought about the feelings that Deborah's Deco evoked within me as I first sat down and looked through it. It evokes those feelings of nostalgia of time worn letters close to one's heart, wrapped beautifully with a satin ribbon, and adorned with a faded, dried rose. Deborah's theme is "Friendship" and the color scheme easily lends itself to something light, soft, and airy; perfect for some vintage victorian images and decorating. So, I browsed through my stash of images until I found one that I believe will work --- although, I cannot say that the search is actually over as I have the inspiration to check a few other online resources before I make my final decision. I am searching and looking for "the perfect one".

I thought about how I'd like to design the pages, and one of the techniques that Suzanne has shared over and over in the Art Idea Journal RR. I've loved it since I've first set my eyes upon it and it has been calling my name, so I believe I am going to actually give it a try. Deborah recently received some wonderful news, which I am uncertain if I could or should disclose here, but there is a certain product line that will soon be associated with her artwork and it will lend itself beautiful to my ideas. I've decided to use some shabby chic style colors in both light and dark pinks and greens, with some gentle touches of white and soft vanilla. I'm envision soft textures, perhaps some golden heat embossing, touches of smooth torn vellum, and some adorning satin ribbon. I also am desiring to incorporate some stamping within the design and believe I have came with some designs that will lend themselves perfectly to the emotions that I am desiring to capture. To be continuing inspired, I wrote down my ideas, created some sketches, added some whimsical, romantic touches through some techniques, design ideas, and an old favorite quotation. I am really looking forward to visiting the studio to design this for her and am hopeful to have it completed and postal near the middle part of the week.

As for the Art Idea Journal RR, I've decided to begin working on writing out the Whimsical Writing pages for Suzanne's journal. Since Mieke's pages are complete up to that point, it just made more sense for me to work on the additional pages for both journals together. This will definately save me some time and allow the ideas for Suzanne's page to begin to form and take shape. I am excited to get started........ {*big smile*}

No comments: