Sunday, November 19, 2006

Christmas Gift Box with a gift tag and card


I have been desiring to create with some vintage Christmas images and this Old World Santa lended himself perfectly to this set of artful creations. He is adorning a red decorative paper lined card with matching "To/From" gift tag. I used a circle chipboard and a peppermint sticker on the inside, with a glitter sizzix cut star graces the outside.
The Christmas gift box is completely handmade! It is a slider box (matchbox style) adhered to a chipboard covered and printed paper layered support. Red tinsel surrounds but does not interfere with the sliding portion of the box. The inside contains more of the green printed paper on the bottom, although cotton could also be inserted. Surrounding the box is a pinking sheared edge border upon which I've placed a paper medallion, another paper covered circle chipboard, and a pinking sheared edge banner that says, "Christmas Wishes" Completely Barbara Schriber inspired!!!!
I am also desiring to walnut ink some shipping tags! Some will be crinkled first, while others will be created as is. Vintage images and jute will be added to them so I can hang them on our tree as ornaments. I'm thinking I'll glitter some sections of some, create some plain, and others may just get some Diamond dust sprinked over them. I'm excited about the upcoming holidays! Can you tell?

No comments: