Sunday, November 19, 2006

Now for some of my most recent artwork...



My target tree! I so feel in love with these little trees from the Dollar Spot at Target. Unfortunately, the Target at Polaris had no gold ones, and I was torn between choosing between this irridescent, a teal, and the traditional silver style. So, I compromised! I purchased this one and a silver. One will be in my art studio, and one in Alexxis's nursery here. I would have loved to have been able to put lights on it, however, decide to think safety and peace of mind over beautiful lights that would be seen infrequently.

In front of the tree to the left, is my Wendy Addison rendition created fairy in a jar style. Gold glittered stars adorn the jar in a variety of places... {2 small and 1 large}. I used a Ragu Spaghetti Sauce jar for this and hot glued "Have yourself a merry little christmas" ribbon to the side edges of the jar's lid. On top is a paper medallion with a "Joyeux Noel" banner! The banner is combinition of white text weight paper, speckled gold vellum, with a matted verse over the red patterned paper medallion. I'll show you a sample of the medallions in my next post.

1 comment:

Sue McGettigan said...

What a sweet little tree! I love the irridescent color, and your jar look so pretty next to it.