Thursday, November 02, 2006

{Sigh.} One down... how many more to go?

{That, my friends, is the sound of a major sigh of relief!} My life has been completely insane the last several days, but somehow, perhaps by the grace of God, I managed to make through! {*SMILES*} I am so very relieved now that I have managed to get my resume completely re-vamped, my reference sheet completely updated, and everything printed out. The application is filled out and my good friend, Sheila, is turning it in for me. {More on that, in a minute...}

I ran into some obstacles and challenges, in almost every step of the way, yet, I perserved! I didn't allow them to become excuses in accomplishing what I know in my heart I really needed to do. That has been quite the accomplishment --- especially with my recent state of mind!

The hardest part was re-creating my resume so that it reflected the skills and education that I have acquired in the Healthcare field. {--- an area I haven't worked in over 1o years.} In all honesty, I am probably over-qualified for the position, but without a college degree, I found it necessary to begin somewhere; so, I chose to apply for it anyways. I am hopeful that the hospital personnel's Department of Human Resources see it that way, as well. It isn't all bad news, since in doing so I believe I am able to ask for and possibly obtain a higher starting wage, and be provided the opportunity to brush up on my skills. More good news is that may also provide me with the opportunity to for me to further continue my education in the future; which I am remaining hopeful about.

My friend, Sheila, has been employed by this hospital for 6 months now and absolutely loves her job, the environment, and her co-workers. In a recent conversation between her and her immediate supervisor, my name and experience was brought up, and the suggestion made for me to put in my application. On Tuesday, Sheila made the trip to Human Resources, on my behalf, picked me up the application, and brought it home with her. In the meantime, I've spent my time re-vamping my resume and all the information above, until it was completed yesterday afternoon. Early in the evening last night, Don and I made the 20 minute drive over to Sheila's intending to pick up the application so I could fill it out and get it turned in today.

Needless to say, Don and I ran into another major obstacle! On the way over, approximately 5 miles from her home, the heater core went out in our truck. Luckily, we were close enough to make it to her home without the truck overheating completely and totally frying the radiator and the engine! Thankfully, I had my resume, references, and all my necessary information with me in a large manilla envelope, so that I was able to fill out the application place it within the envelope so that Sheila could just turn everything in for me today.

So this is where I am at..... wondering, worrying... Luckily, the heater core itself, isn't expensive and I am praying the labor for our mechanic, won't be either! In all honesty, I am afraid to know the final amount!

Also, we should be able to borrow a vehicle from Don's son, Shawn, until ours is running once again, in the event that I should get a telephone call for an interview. {I'd like to think that it feels like we're beginning to come full circle, after all, the decision for me to return to work was majorly made by the necessary of obtaining a new automobile.}

And, may I ask a favor? If you pray, please pray for us; if you think positive thoughts, please send some of those vibes this way.... I promise to be grateful for each and everyone of them! I really need this position, in more ways than one!!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get some kleenex, wipe the tears from my eyes, take another big, huge sigh, get down on my hands and knees and pray, and get up holding my head up high. Trusting that somehow at the end of this long, hard road, there is a glorious ray of light shining down on us.

2 comments:

Dymphie said...

Wishing you best of luck from my side of the ocean Cathy, hope all things turn out well!

liannallama said...

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you! I know it will all work out for you--if not this job, then a better one will come along! Hopefully you will get this one--it sounds like such a good environment and so cool to have your friend work there too!