Wednesday, November 01, 2006

MIA...

I am sorry I haven't been posting and for having my Y! messenger turned off. The last several days, I needed to focus, without any distractions. I am seriously considering re-joining the work force once again, so I have been updating my resume, reference sheets, ect. I don't know all the specifics just yet, but I had to do some soul-searching and make some decisions regarding what I really want to do.

I've decided it is a shame to waste my experience and education, so I am applying for several positions at an out of town hospital. There were a lot of factors that have played into my decision, working out of town vs. searching here and a lot of pro's and con's to weigh out. Some of the main factors were a higher pay scale and 8 hr. shifts vs. 12 hr. shifts. I wasn't to thrilled regarding the commute idea, however, I've done it before and know once I get into swing of things, it won't be such a big deal. That is as long as the truck holds out!

My main objective is to do something that will make me happy, more fulfilled and satisfied. I am uncertain of whatever it is that may be out there, but I realize that it is really more than only a job... as working becomes so much a part of ones life. Another factor was the types of people I'll be working with... entirely different atmosphere from factory/industry scene.

Anyways, I just wanted to post and let everyone know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth --just been busy!

1 comment:

liannallama said...

Glad to see you back--I was just starting to wonder if you were ok! Work can be very rewarding, and I agree that it's worth driving a little farther to have better conditions or a more fulfilling job! Good luck!