Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend update...

Don and I have been busy with household duties, grocery shopping, laundry, ect. We did manage to pick up a few more Christmas gifts on Friday. I'm happy about that as it will make the holidays a bit less stressful having to shop in the crowds. We aren't planning to go all out this year, as far as our gift-giving goes; yet remain hopeful that we will provide our loved ones with items that can be used and well received. We still have gifts on our lists and people to purchase gifts for but we're knocking it out little by little. With some success, we should be finishing up soon and can then turn our attention to focusing on saving for a new vehicle.

While we were shopping and conversing with an employee at the store, I learned there was a Merchandise Stock Clerk postition available. I've decided to apply for it, as I have heard nothing from the hospital to date. I'll be making another follow-up telephone call for that today; along with returning my application and resume to the other store. One plus with the store position is that it is local, which would no commute, less time spent commuting. The pay scale may be lower, however, I really cannot say that for certain. I only hope the position available isn't seasonal and will last well after the holidays are over.

Sunday, found us checking out a quilt shop that I've never been to before, a visit to the Marion Farm and Flea Market that I used to have Partly Paper located at. It was so very different than from when I was there. Then, there were more upscale boutique-style businesses whereas now it is more of a Flea Market. I did find a pair of vintage wood carved wall hanging of birds and another vintage blue mason jar. I'm thinking I may fill my collection of vintage jars with dry goods, such as, beans, rice, pasta to display and use on my kitchen shelves.

With the recent job searching comes the knowledge of having a little less time once I return to work. So my thoughts have become focusing on things that I need to start winding up, finishing, ect. Some art releated, some home related, but I'm loving the process and trying not to allow those things to stress me. I find assurance in knowing that I can take my time with them somewhat.

Sunday afternoon, I went to get Alexxis to spend time with her. She is growing and growing! She now is able to sit up by herself, reposition herself from a sitting position to a laying position. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks herself back and forth. She hasn't quite figured out how to crawl yet and gets a bit frustrated with her failed attempts to get to any number of desired items until she becomes resourceful and lays down and rolls to get there. She will soon be 6 months old on the 28th of this month so I belive she'll conquer another milestone soon. She is cutting teeth right and left! She currently has 3 teeth on the bottom and one of her top front teeth broke through the gumline last night. Needless to say, she's precious, but cranky! She has the sweetest dispositon, taking it all in stride, and manages to laugh and play. She is a music lover, any sights and sounds attract her undivided attention.

Her daddy recently gained employment working 3rd shift and Amber is searching once again due to a lack of hours at Micky's Pizza. I'm certain that they will get back on their feet soon. In the meantime, Don and I do what we can to help out.

I havent' worked anymore on the Heaven and Nature Sing shrine. However, I am intending to try to capture some clearer photographs to upload later. I'm in the process of Suzanne's Whimsical Writing pages and working on both her and Mieki's Art Idea Journals. Today, I received my own and Linda's decos in the mail. {I haven't open them yet, but I'll update again when the opportunity presents itself.} This has been a fun process, with both of these projects.

No comments: