Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Art gone postal....

I worked in Linda's deco on Monday evening after receiving it in the mail. Since I'd gotten side tracked in mailing Rebecca's and still had it in my possession, I was inspired to get my artwork in Linda's completed, repackage the package so that it contained both, and made it a priority to get them in the mail. I'm happy to say that they were mailed out together on Tuesday morning.

I so loved Linda's deco. Her theme was a childhood beach or by the sea. She used some lovely, yet subtle bright colors and decorations with vintage style artwork of children. Deborah's, Rebecca's, and Lianne's page contribution were absolutely amazing as well. Linda requested only one page, however, upon determining what to use within it became a challenge for me. I had two images, one a picture and the other a printed version of a SB page piece that I had used long ago. I felt the quotation was perfect for the last page within the deco so I improvised a bit by creating a folded page that once adhered left me with 3 pages to decorate. I placed the photograph and text on the front and the quotation on the 3rd inside last page. Since my photograph had a beachcomber theme, I played off of it using a Stamper's Anonymous "Found object" cube with exhibition # ____ and added in beach themed starfish, shells, with a sand dollar charm. Text spelling out starfish, scallop shell, and sand dollar was also used to embellish a bit further.

I thought it would be nice to include as souvenir, especially a found object, so I dug a small scalloped shell out of a larger concho shell that Amber had brought back with her from Florida. The large shell was found on her living room floor in Ft. Pierce. It had been left in the wake of the aftermath of Hurrican Frances. This shell is filled with sand with bits of shells and some entire shells packed inside of the sand. I used a small rectangle of cardstock, punched four holes in it, and used a piece of jute to hold the shell in place. I stamped "Found Object" on this and wrote in the details regarding where it was found and how the shell came to be there. I think she'll enjoy that. I know I enjoyed gifting her with a piece of our family history. {smile}

No comments: