Sunday, December 31, 2006

Back in the saddle again...

Feeling a bit better today after spending all day yesterday lounging in pj's, reading some of my older Somerset Studio magazines, watching chick flicks while resting, drinking lots of water, taking acetaminophen, cups of hot tea flavored with honey, and a good dose of Nyquil before retiring to bed. I woke up feeling more rested than I have in a month!!!

Still suffering with a bit of the sniffles and more muscles aches from a day of laying around, I'm ready to go today! I'm thinking of making a trek to Polaris --- hitting Barnes and Nobles for the latest issue of Somerset Studio, a trek into JoAnn's, and possibly hitting Dick Blick's on the opposite side of Columbus, we'll see, once I'm actually mobile, if I'm up too all of that.

I made some notations of some artwork in my older Somerset Studio's mags that I'd like to recreate in my own unique way. Not actually copies of the work but the ideas and inspirations! My goal is to begin focusing more on the artwork I'd like to create to assist in decorating my studio shelves and walls. I created some sketches of a few of my ideas, although I'll be elaborating further with them. Before I even get started, I'll need to get into the studio and finish re-organizing some of boxes of supplies I drug out on a trip out there in the beginning December. Gosh, has it really been that long ago?

One of the things that I do need to focus more of my attention on in there, is to create a central location for my alphabet stickers, rub on's, ect. I have two different containers that would work pefectly for this. One is an old world suitcase that has sort of become a catch-all when straightening up in a hurry, the other has functioned in the same fashion, only is metalled handled, lidded photo box. Either would be perfect! I just need to be certain that whatever I do decide to use, that I leave a bit of room for growth!

I'm still searching for some embossed large sheets of white paper. I've been desiring to create some covers for some of my favorite art books. Of course, I'll have to come up with a creative way to label the spines, so I'll know what book is what later when I need it. I may just have to make a trip into a wallpaper store soon, maybe I'd have a bit more luck using it!

Well, this is my game plan... organizing! Cleaning and straightening...but first things first, is get back on my feet once again. Also, I recently placed some internet orders which I'm looking forward to receiving in the new year. Some of these items will assist me in my creative endeavors. The ideas are definately flowing!

Well, I'm outta here... ready to go greet the day! {*tootles*}

No comments: