Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ugh!

Even with the best of intentions and preparations, you cannot always prepare for everything. This is certainly the case with me as I seem to have come down with a cold; one of those nasty head colds at that! I was thinking when it began earlier today that I was simply having an allergic reaction to something I'd eaten, so I took a Bendryl. As the evening wore on, I knew I wouldn't be so lucky.

I curled up on the couch, watched a bit of TV before deciding to re-read Sally Jean's "Pretty Little Things" book once more. As I sunk into the pages of the book, I soon realized I was having to remove my right arm out from under my fleece throw to turn the book pages, LOL! I was feeling chilled. I quickly turned up the thermostat a few degrees and grabbed a warm sweater to put on over my T-shirt. A trip to the kitchen for some Advil, a large glass of cold water, and an orange {hey, Vitamin C is supposed to help right?} I settled back onto the couch and into Sally's book. A half an hour later, the sneezing and sniffles began. Yep! I've caught a cold.

I made a telephone to Don to inform him that I will run out, but only for a moment, to register for a weekly drawing at the Moose Family Center once he had gotten off of work, and that is exactly what I did. Returning home, I'd forgotten my small handbag on the seat of our truck. Realizing that as soon as I shut the passenger's side door, I went to retrieve it and heard this awful "phhssshhhh" sound. I informed Don and he investigated while I went in on into the house. He returned to inform me we have a leak in a radiator or a cooling or heating hose! When it rains, it pores! LOL! So, we sat down and discussed our options for having it looked after today. What else are you going to do??? I bundled up once more in an attempt to warm up, desiring to crawl head first under the blanket, and allow the world to slip slowly away, LOL! Shortly thereafter carrying myself off to bed --- at 10 p.m. again. I slept well, the short amount of time that I slept, another night of 5 hrs. sleep! I have a feeling that there is going to be some Tylenol or Advil PM in my future; my body cannot be getting adequate rest at this rate... it's no wonder I'm feeling under the weather.

Anyways... I don't believe we will be making it over to Sheila's later today for our pre-celebratation of the New Year. I think it may be for the best for me to stay home, get some rest, and not spread my germs, LOL! I'm certain Sheila and Dennis will understand.

Of course, I have some things to occupy my time should I feel up to doing it. My computer needs backed up once again, there are photos needing burned to cd's and taken off the computer, plenty of eye candy to view online, blogs to read, and art to think about creating!

No comments: