Thursday, December 28, 2006

I love bloggin'...

Not only having a space to write my own thoughts and feelings, the day-to-day stuff {that I'd otherwise forget about}, a place to share glimpses into my heart, life, soul, and home, but a place to share my artwork and the artwork of others.

Recently while adding to my links, I thought about so many more blogs that I'd love to one day add, but I realized just how much I love surfing from blog to blog. The instant gratification of seeing so much artwork, discovering more and more inspiration, seeing what others are doing and sharing. I love to read and this provides me with a perfect opportunity to do so! Reading what art others are creating, learning about their creative processes, and seeing so much eye-candy reminds me to get into my own studio more. And while I love seeing places that I'd otherwise never be able to visit in person, and some of those photographs make me want to grab my camera and share more and more about our home town and the places we visit. Surfing certainly brings me full-circle. It reminds me that life is about seeking balance, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and creatively. As the new year approaches, I'm hopeful to strive to find that balance within my own life... little snippets of time spent doing what I love and sharing that love with others.

Organizing has been on my mind lately. We all have those areas that require it. For me, it is my studio, our closets, and the drawers and cabinets in our home that need my attention. I am happy to realize that they didn't become a mess in a short amount of time and I know that they will be re-worked in the same way. This makes that tasks a little less daunting and I don't have to become super-woman to achieve it, LOL!

Getting more physically active is another area of my life I am desiring to focus my attention. I don't think I'm quite ready to begin my Tae-Bo again... but simply being more physically active in little ways throughout my day is what I am striving for. I have to admit since this recent car accident, I've slowed down more and that isn't a good thing with all these holiday meals and plentiful snacks laying around.

Another thing I realized is that I want more and I want less. I want to actually use what I have, feeling blessed to have it, and to realize its potential to the fullest. I have a lot of art supplies that I am not utilizing to their fullest potential, so I hope to rectify that!

I want to spent more time reading my Bible and talking to God. Conversing with him certainly helps me focus on being me and not the obstacles and challenges that are put before me. It reminds me to put those who are most important to me first.

I want to focus on my studio. Not in an re-organization sense but in a decorating sense. I want to make it a sacred space that I simply cannot wait to visit. I want to change the energy there so that I will desire to create more and more. Well, that is the dream, anyways.

Well, the day has certainly began... with and without me, so I'm outta here. It's time to clean up the house before it requires an all day feat... so that I can find time for all that I desire to do. Whatever it is that you dream of doing, being, and achieving, I hope your dreams come true! {*waves}

No comments: