Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Thank You!

To everyone who has email me inquirying how I am doing, wishing me a speedy recovery, and those of you who sent "Thinking of you!" and "Get Well Soon" e-cards. I am doing well, when all things are considered.

I am still experiencing some soreness and muscle stiffness in my neck, shoulders, and upper back --- between the shoulder blade area. Although, I am getting more rest, taking frequent breaks, avoiding any strenghtous activities which certainly has to be helping! My chiropractor appointments have been a tremendous help and are providing me with some relief; of course, along with scheduled doses of Tylenol. My treatments will continue twice weekly for at least the next 4 weeks, possibly up to 6 weeks. It seems I took quite a hit and knocked around more than I initially thought. The good news is the seat belt welt and burn I obtained has finally healed. It seemed no article of clothing that wouldn't irritate it further wasn't weather appropriate for this time of year, LOL! So, I've been lounging in my soft, fleece pj's a lot! Gotta love that!

The insurance adjuster was out earlier this week and completely totalled out our pick-up truck. Don had managed to get it in to a collision repair shop and obtained a $1700.00 estimate on the repairs.The good news is that the guy was understanding that this is the only transportation we have available to us, and was able to work with us on not requiring a salvage title in order to keep it. Within a few hours of being here, we received a telephone call with what we believed to be a "fair" offer and have accepted. We are considering having the motor in the Jeep repaired/replaced with it and any extra will become the start of a savings account for a new-to-us vehicle in the future.

I am so thankful that neither of us were seriously hurt; nor the fellow who hit us! Vehicles can be repaired/replaced; lives take so much longer!! More good news, is that I've spent a lot less time online recently as I cannot sit for hours on end; so I'm keeping up with the bare necessities and checking in here and there. I did manage to finish working in the last two of the Art Idea Journal RR and recently learned that my own journal is on its way home to me! Having something to do while resting has been a god-send!

I also found it quite amusing today as I sat watching yet another movie, but not really watching it... my mind was sort of wandering. I got to thinking about looking for a job recently, the repairs needed on our Jeep, how I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all, and praying about it. That is when it finally struck me that "No!" is an answer, LOL! Maybe I haven't gotten a call for an employment opportunity because it isn't meant to be right now. One of my main motivation for seeking employment was to gain the money needed to repair the Jeep and save for a another vehicle. What a way to achieve all that, but who I am to question or second guess God??? So, maybe all of this is actually a blessing in disguise and I am too crazed at the moment to fully realize it, LOL!

No comments: