Monday, December 18, 2006

An Update...

I am so sorry that I've been missing and not posting as often! The truth is I've been limiting my computer time only checking my emails, replying only to what needs to be replied to, and checking into a few small groups periodically.

I haven't been accomplishing much of anything... except the day to day housework that is required with little effort on my part. There are some things that "need" done, however,I'm still desiring to take it easy until the stiffness and soreness lets up a bit more. Then I'll ease my way in... hopefully. That is the "game plan" anyways.

Don has been a god-send, assisting and helping out with the day to day chores. Between the two of us, we're managing quite well, all things considered; mainly focusing our attention on eating, cleaning up afterwards, and the laundry.

Friday and Saturday, I over did it a little bit by keeping Alexxis overnight. I haven't quite figured out how to say, "No." to that, LOL! She is such a character and a delightful child, it is a pleasure to have her around. She is crawling now, although she isn't venturing too far, prefering to only go far enough that she can see someone. That certainly made it easier on me although I was lifting her, picking her up, holding her, and cuddling with her plenty. At almost 6 months old now, she also holds her independence in high regard, so there was plenty of playing on the floor and couch with her toys; and naps!!! God, I love a good nap! I can wish her naps were a little less frequent and longer in duration, LOL!

My dad and two older brothers towed our Jeep Cherokee over to my dad's garage on Saturday. Since Dad's eye is healing up nicely after his cataract and lens replacement surgery, I'm certain he'll be digging in under the hood before too much longer. In the meantime, we're trying to remain optimistic that the head gasket, heads, and cylinders are fine... time will tell, I suppose. We spent the evening last night visiting with my parents and discussing our Christmas get together.

We will getting together with Amber, Chris, and Alexxis at my parents home on Christmas Eve day. Mom and I decided having a big dinner there and one the following day is just to much, so we're having a light lunch consisting of cheeseball and crackers, ham sandwiches, potatoe salad, waldorf salad, and a dessert. Then, we will spend some time opening gifts.

In the early evening on Christmas Eve, Don and I will be going to the Pediatric Department of the local hospital to donate a TMX Elmo to the Children's Playroom. We have discussed a variety of ways to donate this toy but quickly decided we'd love this idea the best. Hopefully, it will bring a smile to the faces of more than one child.

Well, I need to get up and move, walk around a bit, and soon head off to bed. I promise to post more later... probably sometime tomorrow. Until then, *tootles*

1 comment:

liannallama said...

oh, (((HUGS))) sweetie! Take extra good care of yourself so you can heal quickly! The other person's insurance should be paying for your rental car in the meantime so you can get around. It sucks so bad to be hurting and without your car. I'm so glad you didn't get that job you applied for--what a mess that would have been!